Friday 25 March 2011

Jen The Designer w/ glasses reading the new Paris Review on the G - m4w - 27 (G train btwn Court Square and Greenpoint)

Less a Missed Connection and more a whole relationship in one brief encounter! From craigslist New York:

Jen, you had glasses, and cute little braids in your black hair,
and were probably coming home from work and were
reading the new issue of the Paris Review (!!!)

We talked about the Joshua Cohen story and the Q & A between
him and Moe Tcacik posted on the Paris Review website. You were excited
about Bolano.

We talked about the new editor of the Paris Review Lorin Stein. About the debacle
with all the previously solicited poetry that was accepted getting tossed out. I can't believe you knew about that!
You must be a lit world person, I said (snob)
No, I'm a designer, you said.

I said Joshua Cohen's fiction sucks but his essays in Harper's are OK.

I work in lit world.
I'm better looking than Roberto Bolano at least after he got cancer.

I want to take you out but forgot, as the doors were closing, to ask for your number.

Find this and email me and tell me something about our brief talk, so I can be
sure it's Jen-from-G-train and not some freaky impostor!

No comments:

Post a Comment