Wednesday 2 February 2011

We were handcuffed together to see the Judge… w4w

Love can strike in the most unlikely settings. A reminder of this came in a recent MC post from craigslist New York

“If you were the anesthesiologist that put me under – I would like to see you in a social setting.”

Another relationship that could run and run was first aired on craigslist Houston:

“Started the marathon together and then I lost you! You were in better shape than me! Couldn’t find you at the finish!”

Or, to put it another way… “Remember me, I was the one gasping for air and caked with dried salt.”

But my all-time favourite has to be this entry about an encounter from craigslist Chicago:

“STD clinic this morning-white tanktop – you have dark curly hair, you're slim, you were wearing a white tank top and blue jeans. I was seated in front of you, facing you and I was wearing all black, had a coffee and a magazine in my hand. I'm a fool for not introducing myself to you...”

Such boundless hope in such unpromising circumstances represents a triumph of the human spirit over sexual adversity.

And just to prove that no setting is out of bounds for love, try this from craigslist Austin:

“We were handcuffed together to see the judge - w4w (Travis County Jail). We were in on very similar accounts. I just hope everything worked out for you as well as it did for me. My fingers are crossed for you, girl.”

Hmm. Maybe she’ll get in touch on her cell.

No comments:

Post a Comment